The publisher of Jlife, a new Jewish news and lifestyle magazine for our local community, has confirmed that the digital publication is slated to launch in December 2022.
The independent media outlet is looking to represent, serve, and benefit as much of this diverse Jewish community as possible. It is not a “Federation paper,” though Federation is helping facilitate widespread participation to connect, inform, and strengthen Jewish life in the heart of New Jersey and beyond.
ABOUT JLIFE… THINGS FOR YOU TO KNOW & DO
Launch date: Jlife will launch this December 2022 as a digital monthly magazine.
Topics: The publisher of Jlife envisions it to be an uplifting Jewish lifestyle magazine intended to help readers feel more connected to Jewish life, community, and each other in positive ways. It will seek to tell seasonally relevant stories relating more to culture and human interest rather than breaking news and hard-hitting political, investigative, or watchdog journalism.
- Local emphasis: This is where we all come in… Please email local story ideas, news, information, milestones, messages, and letters to the editor directly to publisher, Mody Gorsky, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kiddish: In each monthly issue, the Kiddish section highlights content pertaining to — and submitted by — kids.
Deadlines/lead time: Articles, content, and story ideas must be submitted two months in advance.
- Submit now for inaugural/December issue: Send articles, story ideas, news, or photos to publisher, Mody Gorsky, at email@example.com.
Subscription is free: While local content has yet to be posted or published, you can subscribe now. Subscribe to Jlife using the pop-up form on the Jlife website jlifenj.com/.
- The more people subscribe, provide content and ideas, and suggest advertising for Jlife, the more likely it is to succeed in serving organizations, individual readers, advertisers, and the Jewish community as a whole.
- SUBSCRIBE at https://www.jlifenj.com/.
How readers receive the monthly digital magazine: Jlife monthly digital magazine will be emailed to subscribers within a bi-weekly e-news sent on the 1st and 15th of each month.
In between monthly issues:
- Bi-weekly e-newsletter: The e-news sent on the 1st and 15th of each month will also include (in addition to the monthly magazine) selected content from Jlife and additional, timely information that did not make the monthly magazine deadline.
- Website: The Jlife website is not yet populated with local content but will be closer to launch. It will feature current and past issues, featured content, the editorial calendar and media kit for topic ideas and advertising information, and more.
- Social media: Selected magazine content and complementary content will be shared via Facebook and Instagram accounts that are not yet populated with local content, but will be closer to launch.
Advertising: If you own, work for, or know of a business or organization that would benefit from reaching the Jewish community, explore Jlife advertising.
- Free advertising for synagogues and other Jewish nonprofits: Congregations or other Jewish nonprofit organizations can get free advertising if they refer a business that advertises in Jlife.
- Reduced introductory rate advertising for synagogues and other Jewish nonprofits: The publishers of Jlife are offering reduced introductory rates as well.
- Media kit: The editorial calendar, media kit for the first year of publication, and advertising contact information can be found at this link.
Your organization’s liaisons: All synagogues and Jewish organizations have been encouraged to designate a person or people as Jlife liaison(s) to convey story ideas, news, information, and messages – and for Jlife personnel to contact regarding stories or advertising. Find out who yours is.
Print edition: Jlife will launch as a digital publication, though conversations are taking place to explore the feasibility of adding a limited print edition.
Jlife has the potential to connect, inform, uplift, and strengthen the Jewish community for us all. The more we all participate — by subscribing, submitting content ideas, and suggesting advertisers, for example — the more likely it is to succeed.
- Subscribe at www.jlifenj.com/
- Submit story ideas or news to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Explore advertising or suggest an advertiser at www.jlifenj.com/advertise/
Thank you for taking an interest, and taking part, in the launch of what we hope will become a great new part of our Jewish community.
For questions, please contact: