Among the impact Jewish Federation in the Heart of NJ features in its 2022 Annual Report, stories and statistics about youth programs reflect Federation's commitment to investing in a strong Jewish future.
SEE FULL ANNUAL REPORT FOR MORE ABOUT ALL FEDERATION IMPACT INCLUDING THE IMPACT OF INVESTMENTS IN YOUTH PROGRAMS. E.G.:
- 2200 children birth to age 12 received free monthly PJ Library books and music
- 3 new PJ Ambassadors engaged families in live community-building gatherings
- 419 Families participated in 72 PJ Ambassador-organized programs
- 38 first-time Jewish campers received One Happy Camper incentive grants
- 45 teens received Israel Travel Grants
- 43 educators attended the Educators’ Group & Conference
- 157 teens took part in J-SERVE community service projects
- Cooking for Elijah’s Promise food pantry
- Cooking for seniors’ congregate lunch
- Beach sweep
- Socializing with differently abled children through Friendship Circle and Hand in Hand
- 144 differently abled youngsters participated in camps and weekly programs
- 170 teen volunteers engaged in service, enrichment, and leadership development, a 17% increase from 2021
- 1,300 college students’ attended Shabbat dinners
- 427 future Jewish community leaders’ day schools receiving curriculum support
- 185 Crossroads Israel late-teens and early 20s clients receiving therapy
- 95% reported increasing healthy behaviors
- 95% of Gesher El Hanoar Israel clients enter the employment market
- 40 of Shutaf Israel clients receive weekly vocational training and specialty education
- 350 Amit Israel members in employment/education integration and other programs
Grandfather, Larry N, said:
The PJ Library initiative is amazing. When my children were young, Jewish-themed books for young children were not readily available. PJ Library has changed the
We immediately signed up our grandchildren the moment they were born and they continue to look forward to monthly books that enrich their life and give them warm feelings about the Jewish traditions we enjoy as a family.
Thank you to Jewish Federation in the Heart of New Jersey for supporting this wonderful initiative!
Grandmother, Rachel P, said:
I was lucky to have been brought up with a strong Jewish education and years of Jewish sleepaway camp. I found it a beautiful and fun learning experience, something I wished for my children to encourage them to embrace the joy and meaning of our Jewish identity and gain the well-rounded education and view on life that camp so uniquely imparts.
Wanting the same for my grandchildren, I felt it incumbent to make these experience possible while reducing the burden on my children. I am proud to make my children’s Jewish camp experiences possible and proud to support Jewish Federation in the Heart of NJ, which makes Jewish camp more accessible through grants and scholarships for many more children.
PROGRAMS FOR YOUTH AT RISK IN ISRAEL
Ariel, client at Gesher El Hanoar in Israel, said:
My mom died when I was six. I had become a very angry person. And I was angry at myself.
Gesher El Hanor put me back together. Today I’m a chef. I can hold my head high.
Please login to leave a comment