Please note that this is a TWO NIGHT event and participants must attend both nights.
4 Reasons to Become a Mental Health First Aider
1. Be prepared—When a mental health crisis happens, know what to do
2. You can help—People with mental illnesses often suffer alone
3. Mental illnesses are common—1 in 5 adults in any given year
4. You care—Be there for a friend, family member, or colleague
What You Learn
• Participants in a Mental Health First Aid course discuss signs and symptoms
• Risk factors and warning signs of mental health problems.
• Information on depression, anxiety, trauma, psychosis, and addiction disorders.
• A 5-step action plan to help someone developing a mental health problem or in crisis.
• Where to turn for help — professional, peer, and self-help resources.
Location: Congregation B'nai Israel, 171 Ridge Road, Rumson, NJ 07760
Date: Tuesday February 19 AND Thursday February 21
(must attend both)
Time: 5:00 – 9:30 PM
Cost: $50 Per person
PREREGISTRATION REQUIRED https://mhfarumsonfeb19.eventbrite.com
Sponsor: Rumson / Fair Haven Competent Community Project and the Mental Health Association of Monmouth County